- Littlescribe Pty Ltd ACN 614 008 990 (“Littlescribe”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Littlescribe mobile application (the Littlescribe App) and the website https://www.littlescribe.com (Our Website), together referred to as the Littlescribe Products.
- We recognise the importance of protecting your privacy. This document informs you of our policies regarding our collection, use and disclosure of “Personal Information” we may receive from you when you set up or use a Littlescribe account, including:
- First name and surname;
- Your email address;
- Your username;
- Your password;
- The name of your school;
- Your mobile phone number (parents / guardians and teachers only);
- Your voice recordings; and
- Your delivery address and/or the delivery address of others associated with you.
- We will collect Personal Information from you to enable us to conduct the business of Littlescribe, which focuses on promoting and supporting the visual and written expression of ideas in children through the production of hard copy works, electronic books, electronic voice recordings, publication of electronic books, and publishing and distributing hard copies of those electronic books.
- You must create an electronic Littlescribe account (Your Account) to use any Littlescribe Product. In doing so, you must provide certain Personal Information, which must be accurate, complete and current.
- There are four different types of electronic profiles to choose from when setting up Your Account, with varying functionalities: Littlescribe Teacher, Bigscribe Parent, Bigscribe Grown Up and Littlescribe Child:
- A Littlescribe Teacher Profile is to be used only by an approved and duly licensed education provider at a registered school (Teacher);
- A Bigscribe Parent Profile is to be used only by an adult parent/legal Parent of a Child (Parent);
- A Littlescribe Child Profile is for use by persons under the age of 18, or over the age of 18 where they do not have the mental capacity of an adult (Child);
- A Bigscribe Grown Up Profile to be used by other grown-ups (over 18 years old) who are not (for the purposes of using the Littlescribe Products) Parents, such as grandparents and family friends (Grown Up).
- You warrant that you are using the Littlescribe Products under the profile that best describes you.
- A Child Profile may only be created by a Teacher or Parent. When created by a Teacher, the Child Profile must be activated by the Parent to enable the full functionality of the account, once the Parent Profile has been created. If you activate a Child Profile, you warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of the Child the subject of the Child Profile.
Information Collection and Use
- We collect your Personal Information to enable you to do certain things, including:
- create Your Account (including your profile) so that you can use the Littlescribe Products:
- create a Littlescribe electronic book (your Book);
- arrange for Books to be printed and delivered to your address;
- create and hear electronic voice recordings of your Book;
- share your Book (and/or any voice recordings) with holders of Littlescribe accounts approved by you;
- enable Littlescribe account holders to purchase publications of the electronic books available on the Littlescribe App; and
- for our internal business purposes that form part of normal business practices.
- You may choose to not provide certain Personal Information to us (such as a child’s date of birth, and any electronic voice recording). However, if you do not provide us with certain types of Personal Information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the Littlescribe Products.
- When you access the Littlescribe Products, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to “Log Data”:
- the type of mobile phone, iPad, tablet or computer (“Device”) you use;
- your Device unique identifier;
- the IP address of your Device;
- your mobile operating system;
- the type of mobile Internet browser you use; and/ or
- other statistics.
- We use “cookies” to collect information.
- Cookies are:
- files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier; and
- sent to your browser from a website and stored on your Device.
- You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Littlescribe Products.
- We send a session cookie to your Device when you log in to your Littlescribe account. This type of cookie helps if you visit multiple pages on Littlescribe Products during the same session, so that you don’t need to enter your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires.
- We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your account information. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
- Users always have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences. If you disable cookies on your browser, please note that some parts of the Littlescribe Products may not function as effectively or may be considerably slower.
- We may engage other persons not connected with Littlescribe (Third Parties) to help us:
- run our business;
- with database storage and content delivery;
- improve the Littlescribe Products;
- provide the Littlescribe Products on our behalf;
- perform related services; and
- assist us in analysing how our Littlescribe Products are used.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to Third Parties for the purpose of enabling them to perform the tasks described in paragraph 22 above on our behalf, and they will be obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any purpose other than as described in paragraph 22 above.
- We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Compliance With Laws
- We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and/or the reasonable requests of law enforcement agencies (including in relation to child protection issues and/or confirmation of identity of users of Littlescribe Products).
- In the event that we sell or buy businesses or their assets, or engage in transfers, acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, changes of control and other similar transactions, customer or user information is generally one of the transferable business assets. Thus, your Personal Information may be subject to such a transfer.
- In the unlikely event of insolvency, we may transfer your Personal Information to an agent, liquidator, trustee or debtor in possession and/or then to any subsequent purchaser.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
- While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Your information may be transferred to, processed and maintained outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those of your jurisdiction.
- Currently your information, including Personal Information will be moved to, processed in, and maintained in Australia, and you consent here to the movement and storage of your information accordingly.
- In future your information storage may be transferred to, processed in and maintained outside of Australia. You consent here to the movement and storage of your information accordingly.
Access and Correction
- At any time, you may access and correct, any Personal Information we hold about you, including requesting us to delete your Personal Information. If you would like to obtain such access, please send an email to email@example.com
- You may make a complaint to us at any time if you are concerned about any use or misuse of your privacy associated with your use of any Littlescribe Product.
- In order to lodge a complaint with us, please contact us using the details above with the following information:
- Your name and address;
- Details of the alleged breach of privacy; and
- URL link to the alleged breach of privacy (if applicable).
- Please allow us thirty (30) days to investigate your complaint, after which we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue.
Retention of Information
- We retain information for as long as required by Australian law or as we believe is useful.
- We may dispose of Personal Information at our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own, separate back-up records.
Links To Other Sites
- We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.